Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Yay! I was asked my first question!!! Ok here it is:

Dear Advice Angel,

Im 18 years old and I have one month left of high school. Im nervous about graduating because I have no idea what I want to do with my life. My entire family is pushing me towards college, but I'm not sure that is right for me. How can I tell them about my fears without pissing them off?

Sincerely,
Confused Angel

Dear Confused Angel,

Wow, I have so been there before. Although I knew I wanted to go to college, I wasn't sure I wanted to stay in my hometown. The first thing I would do is tell your family you want to meet with them. Maybe cook dinner or have a game night. You need to have your family in a fun environment where there is no pressure. Once the games are over and the food is all gone, respectfully explain to your parents that you are a young adult now and that this is your life. It is always great to have an alternative plan to show them that you aren't just going to goof off after high school. If you aren't sure what you want to do right away then make sure you let your parents know that you plan to work until you figure things out. The big thing is to take a breath and realize that your parents really love you and only want to see you happy in the long run.

XOXO,
Advice Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment