Monday, April 9, 2012

To: Young Angel


Dear Advice Angel,


 My dad says that Trey Songz is too sexual and he won't let me listen to his music anymore. I'm embarrassed to say this, but I had to download Inevitable because my dad wouldn't let me buy it. I can't talk to my mom about it because she always agrees with whatever my dad says and my brother laughs at me. I will be 14 in two weeks, but I'm still treated like a 3 year old. I want to be a supportive angel, but I'm not if I can't go to the concerts or buy the cds. What else can I do? 


Young Angel



Dear Young Angel,


I know that you are growing up and want to listen to your choice of music. But in this case (and you may not want to hear this), your parents may be right. As much as we all love Trey, his lyrics are very mature, too mature for a 13-14 year old. However, there is an alternative to this. Maybe you should sit down and talk to your parents about possibly coming to a compromise. You could suggest buying the clean version of his CDs, for starters. That way, you can enjoy his music and your parents can feel comfortable about you listening to it. As far as the concerts....yeah, maybe you need to wait a bit, at least until you're a little bit older. Trust me, his concerts get too hot for me to handle myself, and I'm 23! (LOL) Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to enjoy him and his music. At least, you can start by having an open conversation with your parents. Who knows, what they say may surprise you. Good luck!


XOXO,

Triumphant Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment