Monday, April 9, 2012

No More Fighting

Dear Advice Angel,

I have been married for 3 months now and although I am in love my husband, we fight like cats and dogs almost daily. I'm not sure what to do because I'm starting to think we may have rushed into marriage. My mother always told me to keep my business private so I'm going against her by posting on this site. Please help me.

Down and Out Angel


Dear Down and Out Angel,

Omg, are you looking into my life? Lol! I mean I am going through somewhat the same thing. Although I am still a work in progress, I am learning to put God first in my marriage. I have been married for almost a year now (May 14th), but my husband and I bicker...a lot. The first thing I would try is cooling off before speaking to each other. When we are angry, we say things without thinking about our tone or how it may be perceived. Next, why don't you make a list of all the reasons you married your boo in the first place? That will help you remember the positive in your relationship. Three months is not long enough to say that you want to call it quits. Every relationship goes through ups and downs and these times are just beginning. You both took vows to love each other for better or worse and you must adhere to that. I say give it some time, remember to speak to him the way you want to be spoken to, and try to hear each other out before continuing. If that doesn't work then there is nothing wrong with seeking outside help such as your pastor, a close friend you can trust, or this site :D! I bet you guys are just both strong minded people. These problems won't last Angel. I'm here for you whenever you need me.

XOXO,

Advice Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment