Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dear Advice Angel,

I hate my life. My grades are horrible, I seem to annoy my family, and I have no friends. It has gotten to the point that I no longer want to live. I can't seem to do anything right and I just don't see the brighter side. I have tried countless times to end my life, but nothing seems to work. Whats the use of living if I only get in the way? No one would miss me anyway.

Done Angel


Dear Done Angel,

Reading your question I am in tears because I was you when I was younger. All during 9th and 10th grade I felt like no one wanted me around because I wasn't that popular. I wasn't what society would call "beautiful" and that did a number on my self esteem. It wasn't until I took the time to love myself and appreciate who I was and what I had to offer that things started to turn around. Angel, you are beautiful, inside and out. Never let anyone tell you anything different. As for your grades, don't freak out. You have teachers who care about you and tutors who are there to help. Those grades can be turned around in no time. Don't be afraid to ask for help with school because 9 times out of 10 you are not the only person who is struggling. I don't know everything that's happening, but I bet your family isn't annoyed with you at all. Why do you feel that way? If you are the baby of the family it is easy to feel that you are in the way because you don't have as many life experiences as your siblings and it is hard to relate to each other, but that doesn't mean that they love you any less. In fact I know your family would be devastated if something happened to you. If you don't like how something is going in your life then change it! As far as friends are concerned, do what I did; find an after school club that you are interested in. You need to hang with people who have the same interests as you do. That's how you make friends, by being yourself and doing things that you like to do. I am here for you ANYTIME that you need me. No matter what the question, I'm only an email away (adviceangel@yahoo.com). Keep your head up Angel and don't cut yourself short by trying to end your life. You have so much to live for and you never know what God has in store for you. If you ever feel like you can't take it and you need someone to talk to right away please call The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Please call this line before you make any decisions. They are here to help you no matter how small you think the problem is.

XOXO,

Advice Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment