Thursday, April 12, 2012

Split Angel

Dear Advice Angel,
My parents are getting a divorce. They were btoh cheating on each other and I knew about it, but I kept my lips sealed. I'm 19 years old and in college so I feel like this shouldn't be affecting me, but it really is. I cry a lot because I feel like if I had said something to one of them to let them I know I knew about their infidelity I could have saved my family. Now they both hate each other. My mom is forcing my dad to move out of our house and it makes me so sad to see him hurting. He is moving into a small apartment not to far from where we live now and he wants me to move in with him. I love my dad and feel like I am closer to him, but I love my mother as well, but I don't want to hurt either one of them. This is a huge decision and I have no idea what to do. Where should I start?
Split Angel
 
Dear Split Angel,
 
First I would like to say your parents divorce is NOT your fault in no shape, way or form. You can have a sit down with both parents and hopefully you guys can talk over some of the issues of what is going on. No that's not going to change their decision of getting a divorce, but maybe your understanding of their divorce will be clearer to you. Even with a divorce your parents will still love you. You cant force unhappy people to be together. If you go live with your father you can still visit your mother. It's not like you want be able to see her anymore. The decision on who you choose to stay will not make them feel that you love the other parent more and i hope they understand you love the both of them and want them to be happy in the future. I hope I helped you a little.
 
XOXO, WISE ANGEL

No comments:

Post a Comment