Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Response to Rebellious Angel


Dear Advice Angel,
My mom and I do not get along. She yells at me constantly about the smallest things. She HATES the relationships I have with my Angel sisters and the last time Trey came to my city I had to lie about where I was just so I could attend the show. I'm not sure if she is jealous or what, but her being mean to me doesn't make me want to spend anymore time with her at all. I am 17 and I love my mother, but when I turn 18 and move away for college I don't see myself visiting very often and I hate that. I need my relationship to change with my mom, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Any advice?
Rebellious Angel
 
Dear Rebellious Angel,
After reading this a couple times through, I find myself in your shoes alil bit. My mom doesnt yell at me all the time but we do have our differences but I love my mom as well. i would say to seek couseling if talking your feelings out with your mom isn't working. She could just be protective that you are devoting your time to trey and angels that your mom hasn't met yet. i dont know the whole story but maybe explain to her the relationship you have between your angel sisters and see if that works. I do think you should try to keep in contact with your mom even when you go to college because I'm afraid if you disconnect yourself from her after you leave for school you wont be able to get that relationship you truly want with her. A bible verse that pops in my head is Ephesians 6:1 Which says, to obey your parents in the Lord for this is right and to honor them regardless of how they treat you. So do the best you can to honor your mom and express to her your feelings. She may feel neglected that you have given your heart to Trey and your angel sisters but the only way to fully work it out is to talk it out whether thats through writing a note or letter, or sitting face to face or even in a cousneling session. I hope this helps you and you can begin to have a better and healthier and longer relationship with your mom.:).I am here to help whenever you need it..
 
 
xoxo,
bballmypassion <3

No comments:

Post a Comment