Thursday, April 12, 2012

SECRETIVE ANGEL

Dear Advice Angel,
I'm 16, I'm pretty, and I have lots of friends. I'm dating a good looking guy and all my friends seem to like him. I have a great family and I'm on the right track in school, but I am completely miserable. I'm in love with my best friend since kindergarten. She goes to a different school than I do, so the friends I hangout with don't know about her. She has no idea about my boyfriend. I'm afraid to tell anyone that I'm really gay and that my girlfriend is my best friend. My family don't really remember her because they met her like 10 years ago. She and I have been an item for about 3 years, but secretly. I have never told anyone but her about my true feelings and she thinks I'm completely out of the closet like her. Typing this now makes me feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. My girlfriend wants to come to my 17th birthday party that my parents are throwing this summer and I know she wants me to introduce her as my girlfriend, but I don't think I can do it. I know if I don't though she will be pissed and probably breakup with me and I can't have that. I feel so torn I don't know what to do. To make matters worse, the guy im dating wants to meet my parents. Please tell me what to do.
Secretive Angel
 
 
Dear Secretive Angel,
 
First off I would like to say thank you for coming to us for advice. From my understanding you are more concerned on what others think of you. No your parents may not be happy with your decision of dating but it is your life. What's the point of living a secretive life? If your bestfriend is the person that makes you happy then be with her. Friends come and go if they are your real friends then no matter if you are gay or not they will still be there for you. Dont lead your boyfriend on. Let him know how you feel. I know it isnt easy telling people you are homosexual, and you are scared you will be judged, but holding it in is only making you more miserable. We live in a world were we are judged regaurdless anyway. You dont always have to tell people verbally about how you feel. Maybe you can let the ones that you want to know thru writing a letter just like you did us. (If that way is easier to you) I cant tell you wheather to choose your bf or gf but i can tell you to go with your heart and not by what you think others my say bout you if you choose either one. Dont rush yourself to make a decision either. Give yourself time to think everything over. Remember it's your life and you choose if you want to be happy or not by the decisions you make!
 
XOXO, WISE ANGEL

No comments:

Post a Comment