Monday, April 9, 2012

To: Not Ready Angel



Dear Advice Angel,
I have been dating my boyfriend for 5 months now and things are great. I really like him and he makes me smile. Lately he has been asking me more and more about sex, but I'm just not ready to take that step. Although I'm 21 and in college, I'm just not sure I can handle sex right now. How can I tell my boyfriend how I feel without upsetting him?
Not Ready Angel

Dear Not Ready Angel, 
First and foremost, I think that it is so great that you have kept your virginity for this long already. It is quite easy to give in to peer pressure when it comes to giving it up, and the fact that you haven't proves that you're stronger than maybe you even realize. So, with that said, WHY STOP NOW? Just tell your boyfriend the truth, that you're waiting for the perfect time for the two of you to have sex. Tell him that you want the relationship to grow and mature a little bit more before you take that step. Having sex for the first time is something that shouldn't be rushed because that opens a brand new can of worms in your life. There are a lot of risks involved, and before taking the plunge, you have to be cautious, both physically and especially emotionally. Bottom line, there's really no other way to say it. Tell him that you're not ready for sex right now. And if he doesn't accept that, then maybe you should rethink the relationship.

XOXO,
Triumphant Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment